Friday, February 23, 2018

Combined challenge card.

This is a card that I made for 3 Splitcoaststampers challenges. 
First challenge is the Friday Free for All challenge.  F4A418 
The challenge was to recycle - repurpose. I used a page from an old
encyclopedia set. I also recycled used tea bags behind my tea cup. I used an old stamp set
which in a way is almost like recycling. The second challenge was for the 500th Mother Mark Teaparty Tuesday. MMTPT500
That challenge was to use a mode of transportation. I used dp that had a bicycle on it.

I started by gluing the torn encyclopedia page down. I then added gesso
How it looked with the gesso spread out.


I then glued scraps that were on my desk from a card I made last night.
(kinda recycling too)



I then stenciled and sprayed with a bottle of water.


How it looked sprayed. I then added some distressed ink (Vintage Photo)

I added some white acrylic paint as highlights and I splattered the background with the same white paint. I also added gold metallic rub.
I stamped and added definition with a black pen. I adhered the used tea bags with a brad. I also wrapped the card with twine.




 I added the cup and the tea bag and thought I was done. But decided that it was missing something. Can you tell what I thought was missing? Look at last photo to see.



 Did you guess or see what I thought was missing. I felt that the tea cup needed a white highlight to match the rest of the card.



8 comments:

  1. What a great project, wonderful details and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loved following your step-by-step process for this creation. You attention to layers and details is awesome! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool mixed media design. You do such awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous result MariLynn - love the whole look of this - sort of both grungy and vintage, and totally unique!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete